Spicy El Paso Popcorn
A spicy twist on an old favorite! A tasty way to get a boost of nutrients.
• 5-8 cups stove-popped corn
• 2 Tbls butter
• 1 bag Jovan’s Pure Nutrition™ Spicy El Paso crackers
Place about 1/3 of the crackers in the bag into a food processor, pulse until ground into a powder texture. Mix melted butter and 1 tablespoon of ground crackers, then toss the mixture with popcorn. Then toss popcorn with 3 tablespoons of ground crackers. Add salt & Pepper to taste. Serve & enjoy!
Zesty Tomato Caprese Bites
A zesty variety of the popular Caprese salad in the convenience of a savory appetizer.
• 1 bunch fresh basil
• 1 package fresh mozzarella, sliced
• 1 bag Jovan’s Pure Nutrition™ Zesty Tomato crackers
• Sea Salt or Herbamare
Using a single cracker at a time, place one leaf fresh basil on top. Next, add one slice mozzarella. Repeat until you have as many “bites” as you like, then sprinkle with salt and pepper and enjoy!
Garden Pesto Veggie Burgers
Pesto Lover’s delight.
• 1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
• 1/2 cup Jovan’s Garden Pesto crackers
• handful fresh parsley or cilantro
• 1/2 cup brown rice (cooked)
• 1 medium carrot (chopped)
• 1/2 bunch green onions (chopped)
• 1 tsp cumin
• Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• Sea Salt or Herbamare
Place sunflower seeds into a food processor, pulse until ground. Add Jovan’s Garden Pesto crackers, onions, chopped carrot, fresh herbs and spices and pulse until ground. Add brown rice and pulse until thoroughly mixed. Spoon into balls and flatten for baking (350 degrees for 10 minutes) or pan frying (8 minutes turning once with light oil). Dress how you like. Enjoy!
Taste of Tuscany’s White Bean Dip
Borrowed from Nell Thorn, a Pacific Northwest treasure, these two make a perfect pair.
• 2 cups cooked small White Beans
• 2 tbsp + 1 tbsp for garnish, Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• 1/3 cup fresh Celery brunoise (1/8 inch dice)
• celery leaves reserved
• 1 tbsp White Truffle Oil
• 1 large toe of Garlic, pressed
• tsp Sea Salt or Herbamare
• 1/8 tsp Black Pepper, freshly ground
• 1 bag Jovan’s Taste of Tuscany crackers
Combine beans, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl or food processor, pulse until chopped then add olive oil and puree until smooth. Adjust seasoning and texture. Using spatula, distribute puree in a wide shallow bowl. In a small bowl mix the truffle oil and celery brunoise together; then place on the puree. Next garnish with minced celery leaves and extra olive oil, chill and enjoy!